International Fisheries Law
Our firm has an extensive network of experts in maritime and fisheries law.
AMYA ABOGADOS is a benchmark law firm in legal counselling for fishing companies, shipping companies, ship-owners, traders, brokers and shipbuilders. Vigo is one of the world's most important cities in the fisheries sector. It regularly hosts the Conxemar fair, the meeting of the Spanish Association of Wholesalers, Importers, Manufacturers and Exporters of Fisheries and Aquaculture Products, formed by 222 shipping companies and operators, as well as other major events such as the World Fishing Exhibition. As a result, AMYA ABOGADOS has become a highly specialized law firm in the provision of legal advice to these types of economic operators closely linked to the fisheries sector.
Our firm regularly provides services in a wide range of matters, such as:
- Ship flag registration in third countries.
- Joint ventures.
- Regional, national, Community and international administrative fisheries law.
- Community and third-country fisheries agreements.
- Conventional international fishing regulations.
- Sanctions in fisheries-related matters and the operation of fishing vessels.
- Fishing licenses, quotas and rights.
- Building of fishing vessels.
- Sale-purchase of fishing vessels.
- Contracts governing the marketing of seafood.
- Contracts for the sale-purchase, preparation and processing of marine products.
- Contracts for the financing of fishing vessels.
- Stevedoring of cargos from fishing vessels.
- Storage and conservation of marine products.
- Sinking of and damage to fishing vessels.
- International claims, liens on vessels and maritime liens or maritime mortgages.
- Claims for fishing losses.
- Litigation and arbitration in Spain and abroad in connection with disputes relating to marine fisheries and aquaculture.
In our to provide the prompt, quality legal advice that our clients demand, since its foundation our firm has been supported by an extensive network of experts in maritime and fisheries law, so that we can provide key legal services in every national and international port to ship-owners and fish traders whose businesses are, by nature, not limited exclusively to national waters.
We are continually involved in all types of commercial and corporate transactions and business. Our team of professionals contribu
Our firm regularly provides services in a wide range of matters, such as: Ship flag registration in third countries. Joint
There are several aspects of shipbuilding in which we put our experience at the service of our clients: Negotiation
As we have acquired vast experience in insurance-related matters, we have routinely provided legal counsel in cases in which the i
Thus, AMYA ABOGADOS has acquired this experience through its participation in numerous cases in which it has provided lega
Thus, we are qualified to advise our clients in Spain and abroad, and provide a fully integrated maritime law service, spec